Asset management methods take care of your assets throughout the life cycle
Asset management requires accurate information on the assets (for example, the quantity, quality, value, and investment needs), which is why it emphasizes the importance of data management and Business Intelligence and Analytics. Asset management methods take care of the customer's assets throughout their life cycle: long-term asset optimization with a systematic approach. This enables us to rationalize investments and costs.
Welado's experts participate in the RAID-e project to develop new automatic data collection methods for monitoring maintenance
Welado's experts are participating in the development of new automatic data collection methods for monitoring the maintenance of tracks and safety devices. Welado's experts are developing and standardizing data management processes at the Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency.
Developing the big picture of asset management in built environment
Asset management in built environment involves weighing these perspectives against each other, and against the desired focal points and strategy of the portfolio:
- Nearest future vs. long-term benefits
- Investments and prioritization of maintenance and upkeep vs. demand for use
- Costs vs. asset performance
- Financing options and analyses
- Requirements notes and repair debt calculations, cost estimates for restoration (road and property assets)
- Different register summaries and analyses
- Capital costs vs. operating costs
- Defining requirements for quality and maintenance, procurement models for transport infrastructure maintenance (for example, track management and project management in rail environments)
- Quality control
- Prioritization and programming of repair investments
In addition, we cooperate with our customers in developing operational models and processes for asset management that form a part of organizational leadership at both strategic and operative level.