Decision data within railway signaling and vehicles based on technical knowledge, system understanding and commercial know-how
Signalling projects have a long planning horizon and large investments are made long before they produce added value and income. Signalling projects also entail a collaboration between several sub-systems and different actors such as operators, infrastructure owner, suppliers and passengers. Both domain knowledge and commercial understanding are needed here to deliver well-founded strategic decisions.
What we do
Our keen and experienced consultants work in our department for management and signalling advice as investigators and analysts within signalling technology. We have wide-ranging experience of all actors that are affected by the signalling system. Examples of commissions:
- Long- and short-term signalling strategy
- Technology and planning, organisation and operation as well as commercial advice – before, during and after introduction of signalling system.
- Management system for signalling systems
- Support system for management and control of procurement, implementation and administration of signalling systems.
- ERTMS in vehicles
- Examples of what we look at here are cost calculations and strategies surrounding ERTMS equipment. We also review where the equipment can be located on vehicle types concerned and which suppliers are suitable, as well as planning of implementation projects.
- ERTMS in operation and workshop
- Vehicle strategy, lifetime extension, on-board system and components
- Business intelligence, Reporting, monitoring and analysis of commissions